Product Information: For Instructors
We recently hosted an online conference, where instructors who currently use Mastering gave presentations on a number of different topics you might find interesting. You can access these presentations here.
Used by over a million science students, the Mastering platform is the most effective and widely used online tutorial, homework, and assessment system for the sciences.
- Engages students
- Fosters active learning
- Emulates the office-hours experience
- Easily captures data to demonstrate assessment outcomes
- MasteringAstronomy tutorials guide students through the toughest topics in astronomy with self-paced tutorials that provide individualized coaching. These assignable, in-depth tutorials are designed to coach students with hints and feedback specific to their individual misconceptions.
- WorldWide Telescope (Microsoft®) tours, linked directly from the eText, give students the opportunity to interactively explore celestial objects using real telescope data.
- MasteringAstronomy Process of Science tutorials are built around key Learning Goals to help students understand how astronomers approach scientific problems and learn about the universe.
- Find out how your students are doing before the first exam: the color-coded gradebook instantly identifies students in trouble and challenging topics for your class as a whole.
- Assessment you can use: easily captures data to demonstrate assessment outcomes.